Thursday, August 9, 2012

LIFE LESSON # 1 FORGIVENESS

I have come to the conclusion that no one wants to hear your woe's.  

People listen, but while you are talking they aren't really hearing you.  Their mind goes on a "safari"; they are thinking about...what recipe they will try; isn't that guy/girl pretty; wonder where she bought that dress or shoes; hope she paid a sale price.   Did I pull the plug on the toaster; set the oven automatic shut off; and a million other things.   Oh, they make odd jesters; like nod their head...voice a few oral hum's...make you feel that they are listening.  But you know better; because when they talk you do the same thing.   Makes someone feel really bad, especially when they look back and review the conversation.   I know this first hand; because I have been stopped in midair about to say something about a health issue and got cut off, by of all people, a favorite relative.

The younger generation doesn't want advice about their life style...even if you advice is coming from your own experience and your concern that perhaps sometime down the line, your bloodline may have to deal with medical problems you are dealing with. This happened to me almost a week ago; and maybe my ego was injured in the process.   But when I remember the incident I realize I am wounded by the remarks.  In my mind, I say to myself she was just kidding..but my sensors tell me differently.  

I know I have to stuff these feelings down...hide them...especially from myself.   A good Christian would say ...  put it in God's hands.    But I know me...I will give up to God...and at a later date..I WILL make my feeling known.  

I'm writing my feelings down...hoping that this will release me from the hurt that I have felt...but the TRUTH is no one really cares about your hurt; because all of us are dealing with our own life problems.

So in the long run, each of us has been hurt some deeper than others...and we need to FORGIVE first our self for holding on to the pain and others for NOT REALIZING they have HURT someone else.

A VERY HARD LESSON TO LEARN!

No comments:

Post a Comment